Welcome to Blogs.got-rave.com!!!
This is our new platform since Lyceum never seemed to work correctly as far as comments and has slowed down to almost nothing as far as developement. I chose Lyceum because of their database structure, so now I need to learn something new it seems! So welcome and enjoy your visit!
On a more woohoo moment, I just finished the migration a full 5 hours after I started. Of course this included:
- backing up all the blogs from the old install
- removing the lyceum install
- setting up WPMU
- getting the new users and empty blogs set up
- importing the old blogs
- realizing I had botched one of the backups
- reinstalling the only lyceum install in a back up directory and tweaking it to export the blog
- realizing the pages did not export
- hand copied the pages for all blogs to WPMU
- deleted the backup install
- slapped my forehead when I realized I didn’t get all the links from the blogs
- just look at the DB rather than reinstalling
- got most blogs settled, yay!
- Started trying to get the main page of Rambling for the masses to display what I wanted
- Learned way more about WP functions than I wanted to in one day
- Hacked some PHP together to get what I wanted
- Sat back and congratulated myself on a job well done
- Tested my loud twitter feed, it was good.
- Having a post install drink, should probably go to bed
Wow, no wonder I feel like I was programming for my Visual C++ class again. Welp I hope it stays working for a while, so I can mark another WooHoo moment, that of keeping this thing alive. Who knows, I might actually use it now that people can comment.